guyana

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

How far will I go?

Today, my journey as a Peace Corp volunteer will begin when my plane takes off at 6:47 AM. I'm going to live and work in Guyana, South America for the next 26 months. First, I'm flying to Miami, where there will be a 2-day orientation. On Friday, I'll fly off to Georgetown, Guyana. And, then, my whole world will be turned upside down.

I've had an array of feelings about leaving--disbelief, sadness, nervousness, and excitement. But no matter what I'm feeling, I know I'm ready.

This blog is my attempt to chronicle my experience as well as stay in touch with those I love. There are a lot of unknowns about where I'll be and the availability of communication, but in the end I think everything will turn out all right.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Leibeans said...

Beautiful colors, I love your first post and a great start to probably one of the most unique experiences you'll ever have! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home