guyana

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I'm official!!!

Finally, it's official. I'm a real Peace Corps Volunteer. We had our swearing in yesterday afternoon. We also had a fantastic party afterwards--lots of tasty food and tons of dancing.


The Whole Group: "Guy17"


Cheers to a good roommate


The Mocha Crew


Melane is the one in the pants.


Tomorrow I leave for my site. I'm excited and anxious and sad. Excited because I'm ready to learn about my community and settle in. All this packing and moving around gets tiring. I'm anxious because I'll be starting my new job, and I don't feel completely qualified. I'm sad because I'm leaving my wonderful host mom, and I won't get to see my Guy 17 group as often. In spite of all this feelings, I'm ready!

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Leibeans said...

Congrats! you will be awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home