guyana

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A New Look

For the first time ever, I got my hair braided! A family friend of Joyce (Tandika) did it for me. I personally really like how she twisted it in the back. It's nice that I don't have to worry about brushing it, and now that it's the rainy season the humidity is out of control. This way I don't have to worry about my hair getting frizzy. It's weird, though, feeling the air on my scalp.
*I'm having hella trouble getting photos up of my hair :(

Since I've been at the health center, I've been hanging out int the waiting room chatting with clients. It gets kinda boring, but I was told life would be this way for the 6 months to a year. I know!! What will I do with myself?

Well all hasn't been completely boring. In fact, last weekend I went with Sarah, her husband and son, Selwin and Symeon, respectively to an outing at Splashmin's, a water resort. I've actually been to this place before, but this time I got to ride a jet ski and take a boat to a small farm across the lake. It was so beautiful. They had a bunch of rabbits, some cows, monkeys, and a macaw. There's also a lot of fruit trees. I tried a souree, which is a sour, green fruit. Then there's this small grape size fruit called fat pork. It was a light red with white flesh and a huge seed. The other unique friut is orwara. It's small and orange. When you eat it you bit it off the seed, chew the pulp, and then spit it out. It's really messy and gets stuck in your teeth. This place is perfect for an afternoon bar-b-que.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Leibeans said...

My gorsh, 2 posts in one day! Those fruits look tasty and it sounds like an amazing time at the water resort! I'm very jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home